City Services

Below you will find important information including trash collection, animal regulations, and utility info. If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact City Hall during normal operating hours at 417-232-4221.
Call City Hall


The City provides Electric, Sewer and Water service which is billed once a month on the 1st and is due by the 15th. After the 15th a 10% penalty will be added. Service will be discontinued if not paid by the 25th. A $300 deposit is required for residential rentals or rent-to-own properties, and $100 for home owners. Deposit is refundable after payment of final bill. Business deposit is $100.

Trash Collection

Trash collection is provided by BSW in Lockwood, MO.

Trash is collected once a week on Thursdays beginning at 7:00 a.m. The $13.00 per month fee is included on the City utility bill. Trash must be placed in a container no larger than 35 gallons or more than 50 lbs per container. No 55 gallon drums or paper grocery sacks, please.

Only household garbage will be collected. Items not accepted include yard waste, brush, tires, rocks, dirt, batteries, appliances, hazardous waste, motor oil, paint, dead animals or animal waste.

Contact BSW at 232-4518 for other trash pick up or appliance disposal.

Outdoor Burning / Limb Removal

Residential outdoor burning is allowed from sun-up to sun-down and is limited to yard waste only. Businesses are not allowed to burn. Do not allow fire to smoke or smolder all night.  No burn barrels are allowed.

Limbs will be picked up once in the Spring once in the Fall and after storm clean up. Please have limbs at the roadside. 

Leaves may be bagged and placed roadside for pick up.

City pasture is available Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for self disposal of limbs and yard waste only.

Animal Regulations

Please be considerate of your neighbors. Do not allow your pet to roam free, to get into garbage, dig, or “do their business” in your neighbor’s yard.

Dogs and cats in the city limits are required to have a city issued ID tag. Owner or keeper of any dog or cat must show proof of rabies vaccination from a licensed veterinarian and purchase a new tag yearly by June 30. Dogs and cats must be kept on a leash or in a pen. Animals found running at large will be impounded.

Share by: